Cloud Migration Architect
London and UK wide
Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovative solutions, working primarily within the public sector to help them transform their digital services and make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK's most innovative IT services providers, ensuring solid return on investment through a suite of best-in-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about finding the right individuals who show a real passion for technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
Agilisys is seeking a tenacious and innovative Cloud Migration Architect with experience in Windows Server, Linux, AWS, Azure and Microsoft services to work across multiple enterprise platforms, leading the delivery of a broad range of technology solutions in both public and private environments. You will be a team player, who can equally and effectively work independently to deliver the highest quality of service for our customers. The role will involve leading smaller projects, as well as being part of the team in larger projects to deliver consultancy and high commercial value work within a multi-account environment. You will be able to coach and mentor less experienced members of a project team. This roles’ primary focus will be delivering transformation workstreams and projects within enterprise scale IT projects and environments. At times there will be a need to provide high level BAU support to the Agilisys Service Centre System team and Agilisys partnerships.
Individuals demonstrating dedication to growing their technical knowledge and certifications are valued. You should be a clear, confident and professional communicator capable of contributing to the design and detailed documentation of solutions while capable of communicating these ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. You are capable of maintaining close working relationships with both the technical team and clients to ensure the Target Architecture is flexible and supports business needs across established client requirements, business strategies and infrastructure capabilities.
Whilst most of our work is in the London region, our customer base is rapidly extending across the UK. Therefore, from time to time, extensive travel to other locations within the UK will be required.
- Deployment of enterprise scale solutions to cloud services with special focus on Hybrid Cloud, Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- You can demonstrate, where you have:
- Published complex design and migration artefacts.
- Led technical workstreams and projects.
- Taken a structured approach to migrations and test processes.
- Developed structured plans to guide assignments.
- Published progress and status reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Mentored others within your team to transfer knowledge and support.
- You have proven experience in:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing issues within enterprise scale IT environments on both projects and major outages.
- Preparing for and executing complex service migrations to a cloud platform using a variety of different tools and approaches.
- Use of the most productive principles to ensure that project and engineering requirements such as design, scalability, security, resilience, reliability and performance are addressed.
- Ability to assess legacy client infrastructures and documentation of the same into a coherent, concise form, seeking opportunities for consolidation and rationalisation.
- Familiarity and experience with most of the following:
- Microsoft Azure & AWS infrastructure solution implementation, development and configuration
- Migration into Exchange Online and Office 365
- VMWare and hyperconverged platforms
- Linux and Open Source
- Security hardening (such as PSN level projects)
- Windows Server 2008 through to 2016.
- Windows Domain admin and support (e.g. WSUS, DNS, AD).
- You will create and maintain technical documentation to facilitate efficient planning, execution, testing and handover from projects into BAU service delivery.
- You will have an understanding of, and adherence to ITIL processes and procedures while adhering to all Agilisys policies, procedures and standards relating to Systems management, security and change controls.
- Knowledge of the following would be useful:
- PowerShell / scripting.
- MS-SQL and other database services.
What’s in it for you?
Agilisys offers a cohesive work culture involving a multitude of backgrounds that promotes diverse ideas to contribute to strong solutions. Agilisys is an Equal opportunity Employer and one of the Top EOT’s in the UK, we value reinvesting in our employees with opportunities for career growth and benefits that ultimately reinforce the integrity of the company such as 25 days of annual leave, Positive Work/Life Balance, Pension Scheme and Flexible working