Butternut Box is a growing business with a growing set of data available to us. We are looking for a passionate Commercial Analyst to join our dynamic team.
We want to make the most out of all the information that we have about our customers and to make sure that we use it to make the best decisions possible. Working across teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing data and analysis to support stakeholders and will empower them to make informed decisions. As part of this, you will be responsible for conducting campaign and project deep-dives, reporting, and enabling data-driven decision making.Through collaborative efforts, you will ensure that the data engineering team understands the needs from the business and organises our data in such a way to set individuals up for success and to answer their own questions. You will support team members in their data literacy, building confidence in their own abilities so as to reduce reliance on the centralised data team.
As a growing business we are conscious that the way things have been done in the past are not always the best way to do things in the future. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to turn a critical eye on processes and to suggest improvements where appropriate so that we can optimise our workflows and data organisation.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a understanding of all key commercial metrics (conversion rate, retention, upsell, lifetime value, COGS…) and be proactive in identifying areas of concern and underperformance compared to budget
- Own the running and execution of inbound data requests from across the business
- Collaborate with colleagues from different teams, supporting their data and analysis needs to keep projects moving and inform decision making
- Prioritise tasks and manage expectations across stakeholders
- Use your expertise to extract, manipulate and analyse all key commercial data to become self-sufficient in your analysis
- Leverage our business intelligence tools, particularly Looker, to connect and consolidate data from various sources. This includes quantitative and qualitative data, enabling deeper understanding and valuable insights
- Empower stakeholders across departments by providing guidance and training in data skills.
- Teach colleagues how to effectively use Looker, build databases, and schedule reports, making data analysis accessible and approachable.
- Collaborate with the data engineering function, cultivating a strong data culture within Butternut Box
- Take the lead in promotion the efficient and accurate use of our expanding database, identifying and resolving pain points and inefficiencies in analysis and reporting processes.
- Implement self-serve solutions to streamline data accessibility and improve cross-departmental efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with the team to draw out the commercial implications of pieces of analysis and provide concise summaries to senior management.
- We are still a young business and there is lots of insight waiting to be extracted from the data we already have. The reports and insight you produce from this data will be key in defining the strategy at an executive level.
👋 A bit about you.
- Experience working within a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills… a people person - you’ll be working closely with lots of different people and personalities
- A structured problem-solving approach (or a willingness to learn and adopt one)
- Demonstrate strong communication, teamwork and influencing skills
- Experience analysing data with SQL and Excel
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex data
- Experience with dashboarding tools, such as Looker or similar business intelligence tools
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for data analysis and continuous learning
- Embrace curiosity, consistently seeking to uncover the root causes of problems and generate innovative solutions.
- Willingness to learn new skills from our experienced team
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions. #LI-Hybrid
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 annual personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Lots of office dogs (Ajax, Brio, Luna, Basil, Peggy, Pip, Rudi, Indi, Gnocco and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.