About Salary Finance
Working with employers, we provide a financial wellbeing platform as an employee benefit, helping employees to understand their money better, get out of debt faster and save for their future. We already have a reach of over 4,000,000 employees through our relationships with over 600 of the biggest companies in the UK.
By improving employee financial wellbeing, we have a very real and meaningful impact on people’s lives. We remove the stress and worry associated with financial difficulties by dramatically reducing the interest rates employees pay on their personal debt, and provide them with the tools needed to start saving sooner and be more financially secure. We are backed by some of the biggest brands, including investments from Blenheim Chalcot (the UK’s leading venture builder), Legal and General (the FTSE 100 insurer and asset manager), Experian and Goldman Sacs, and funding partnerships with JP Morgan and Virgin Money.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Telegraph, CityAM and the Institute of Directors.
Your role in our mission
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, you will support the Compliance Team with the design and delivery of the compliance monitoring plan, ensuring that the monitoring framework is focused on key risk areas and our customers are receiving the best outcomes. You will also support on broader project work across the business as we continue to scale.
This is a rare opportunity to join a collaborative, entrepreneurial business which is constantly challenging the status quo. There are opportunities for career progression as the business grows.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact with a strong desire to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are a consumer credit compliance monitoring professional, with ~2+ years related experience.
- A good understanding of the relevant FCA regulations, specifically CONC and DISP.
- A good understanding of GDPR, Data Protection and ICO guidelines.
- You don’t see compliance as a blocker to innovation, but instead look for ways to support new development wherever possible.
- You are self-motivated with a willingness to take responsibility and work independently, as a key member of the broader team, working within a fast-paced environment.
- You are confident in your ability, and take a proactive approach in your role as the compliance monitoring manager.
- You have a curious mind and are keen to get to the bottom of how the business operates, as well as understand the wider context of where the business is headed.
- You have excellent attention to detail, but are also able to take a step back and see the bigger picture.
- You have experience working with a variety of stakeholders across all areas of a business.
- You have strong written and verbal communications skills so you can clearly express your points (e.g. compliance monitoring feedback) in a way that enables improvement actions to be taken.
- Design and develop the compliance monitoring plan, and work closely with the compliance monitoring associate to ensure the plan is updated regularly to reflect the changing regulatory landscape.
- The timely completion of monitoring activities on a regular basis as specified in the Compliance Monitoring Plan, including but not exclusively:
- Call monitoring
- Email and live chat monitoring
- End-to-end customer journey reviews, including customer account reviews at all stages of the Salary Finance life cycle, vulnerable customers, forbearance approaches, and collections and arrears management
- Transaction monitoring
- Complaints monitoring
- Financial Promotions
- Report findings in monthly audit reports for review with the Compliance Manager, Senior Compliance Manager and Head of Compliance.
- Compile the compliance monitoring findings into reports to share with relevant business areas.
- Participate in feedback sessions with relevant business areas to share findings and areas for improvement.
- Circulate any key findings to the relevant areas of the business and provide recommendations for improvements to policies, processes and training.
- Line manager responsibilities
- Support with external audit requests, for example in collating information requested from business areas ready for submission.
- Alongside the Compliance Officer, support managing the compliance inbox and action any financial promotion or financial education review requests as required.
- Supporting the Marketing teams in delivering fully compliant collateral, taking into consideration financial promotions rules, advertising standards and data protection requirements.
- Support the development of Compliance communications to keep the board, leadership team and wider business informed of compliance matters.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders for example external auditors and the regulator.
Who you are
We embrace our differences, but there’s one thing we like to share, which is our values, so it’s important to us that you are:
- Fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- Responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- Dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- Empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- United, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- Humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
What’s in it for you?
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday with an extra day off on your birthday
- Hybrid working arrangements so you can work from the office and from home with a budget to help you get set up
- Generous company benefits to include pension and life assurance and an annual allowance to spend on medical insurance, health cash plan, denplan, gym memberships
- Enhanced policies that are family and pet friendly, to include company sick pay and Paternity leave
- Annual personal learning budget
- Great career development in a fast paced environment
- Regular company socials (post covid, although we've got quite good at virtual ones too!)
- Volunteer days as part of our CSR program
- Being part of a collaborative and entrepreneurial team working in our brand new, purpose-built offices at Scale Space, White City
- Being part of a community of Blenheim Chalcot-backed fintech growth businesses including ClearScore, Liberis, Kodoo and Modulr, with opportunities to share and learn together
- More great perks to include complimentary fresh fruit weekly, cycle to work, help to save and much more!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team and are passionate about what we do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.