Role Description: Data Ops
W12 London - United Kingdom
Agilisys Data & Decisions
Agilisys helps public sector partners improve their services through digital innovation; supporting clients to transform their services through data and technology. We deliver cutting-edge advisory, technical and analytical services to organisations across the health and public sectors. We are committed to improving citizen outcomes e.g., reducing waiting lists and improving ambulance response times.
Agilisys is owned by Blenheim Chalcot (BC), a world leading digital venture builder that has been embedded at Agilisys from the start.
The way we work reflects the values at the heart of our business:
Partnership, we become one team and family with organisations, helping them to navigate change and stay agile.
Integrity, our people really care, going beyond the brief to make change happen for organisations and citizens.
Innovation, we bring together the right technologies and services to design solutions that work.
Passion, we are passionate about — and dedicated to — public services and improving people’s lives.
We work with clients to enable them to derive value from data; embracing a ‘data first’ culture.
The key responsibilities for the Data Ops role include
- Monitor data systems and escalate issues as necessary to ensure timely resolution
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand data needs and requirements
- Help identify opportunities for automation and process improvement to increase data efficiency and quality
- Assist with data reporting and analytics to support business decision-making
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and best practices in data operations
- Assist with data entry, data processing, and data quality control to ensure accurate and complete data sets
- Assist with the development and maintenance of data pipelines, workflows, and processes
What we are looking for
- Experience of working with the Microsoft Azure technology stack (Azure SQL VMs, SQL Managed Instances, Azure DB, Data Lakes, Azure Synapse and Power BI)
- Experience of the data ecosystem, including data platforms e.g., Databricks; data modelling approaches; public cloud services including AWS and Azure;
- Knowledgeable in the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery
This is a full-time role based in our London Scale Space office.
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Agilisys fosters an environment where we all feel valued and belong, championing and advocating for diversity and inclusion. Should you require any reasonable adjustments, please advise and we will support you through the recruitment process.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavor to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
Very good looks like (Data Engineer)
· Examples of working in a team, or specific workstreams within wider projects or programmes
· Mentoring of more junior staff
· Experience of delivering projects or services with a significant data engineering element, including data management, transformation, cloud services, relational databases, and/or scripting languages
· Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data quality issues and processes, to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
· Experience of providing support to data transformation, data structures, metadata and/or other data services and engineering areas
· Preferably, experience of supporting big data or data science projects or capabilities
· Preferably, experience of working in the public sector, or demonstrable interest in doing so
Skills, qualifications, certificates
· Proven analytical skills in working with structured and unstructured datasets, manipulating data to extract and visualise insight, using primarily Excel and Power BI
· Experience working with cloud data services, primarily Azure
· Working knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases and query authoring (such as T-SQL)
· Experience with Azure PaaS, Azure Synapse, Power BI, DataBricks, data lakes, Azure Data Factory and/or Polybase
· Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
· Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
· Role model for company values
· Good understanding of, and engagement with, others – ideally including both
close teammates and more distant colleagues, clients and/or external stakeholders