Head of Data Science & Visualisation
Develop leading health tech products to meet the needs of our clients by offering scalable and implementable solutions.
London W1 - United Kingdom
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to build, launch and grow a health tech innovation vertical?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, entrepreneurial, product-building experience?
Agilisys helps public sector partners improve their services through digital innovation; helping our clients transform their services through data and technology. We deliver cutting-edge advisory, technical and analytical services to organisations across the health and public sectors. We are committed to improving citizen outcomes e.g., reducing waiting lists and improving ambulance response times.
Agilisys is owned by Blenheim Chalcot (BC), a world leading digital venture builder that has been embedded at Agilisys from the start.
- Integrity - our people really care, going beyond the brief to make change happen for organisations and citizens
- Partnership - we become one team and family with organisations, helping them to navigate change and stay agile
- Innovation - we bring together the right technologies and services to design solutions that work
- Passion - we are passionate about - and dedicated to - public services and improving people’s lives
We are looking for a Head of Data Science & Visualisation to lead our growing Data Science and Advanced Analytics Team. You will lead our team, engage with our clients and work to shape our products based on their requirements below.
Develop a market leading offering:
- Develop advanced analytical models, algorithms, and visualization tools that drive insights and inform decision-making for our clients, leveraging AI and Gen AI
- Develop and implement data visualisation best practices, guidelines, and standards that ensure clarity, accuracy, and consistency in the representation of data
- Create, drive, and manage Agilisys’ product and innovation strategy, including the 'why' and the 'what' of the data products, as well as metrics to measure success
- Drive innovation through the creation of novel re-sellable propositions within the relevant Agilisys vertices (Data Consulting, Platforms, Analytics or Data Science)
- Stay up to date with emerging trends, technologies, and tools in data science and visualisation and identify opportunities to apply them to business challenges
- Develop thought leadership in the data science, data products and advanced analytics space through content generation and face to face events
Lead our team:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, researchers, and product developers. Coach and mentor the team to develop their technical expertise
Help shape our business development:
- Support the Managing Director and GTM function in identifying and securing exciting new opportunities to apply data science professional services as well develop IP through data products
- Lead on opportunity qualification across Data Science, Insight-as-a-Service and Data Products
- Drive a revenue-generating pipeline of data science/AI professional services projects alongside a pipeline of repeatable data solutions at high margin. Contribute to proposal and business development for the wider ADD business
What we are looking for
- Expertise in statistical modelling, data mining, and machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or D3.js
- Deep understanding of shallow and deep ML concepts, data science hypothesis development and software data product development lifecycle.
- 6+ years’ experience working with Python, SQL and R to query, transform and apply data science models to large datasets
- Proven hands-on experience delivering production-grade Data Science models in the cloud (Azure, AWS or GCP) and utilising MLOps methodologies. Also have experience working with relational databases, non-relational databases, and with graph databases
- Proven track record of proposition development, introducing innovative data science and AI concepts and frameworks (both technical and consulting) and creating revenue-generating opportunities
- Demonstrable experience developing data science and advanced analytics market-facing collateral and thought-leadership, pre-tender engagement activities and participation in conferences
- Proven experience with various commercial product strategies and ability to structure and create product value propositions and business cases for product investment. A record of successfully leading competitive data science, data platform, analytics, or data products tender responses from inception to conversion also desirable
- A passion for staying abreast of the latest techniques and methodological developments in the field, providing technical guidance and inspiration to team members
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective strategic relationships with existing and prospective clients, including at the C-Suite level
- A passion for achieving business transformation through data science and AI; the ability to energise and excite those you work with; the ability to be a Data Science/AI evangelist
- Experience leading on data science projects, acting as the point of contact and escalation for senior stakeholders and quality assuring deliverables, as well as demonstrable experience of working with and leading high-performing Data Science/AI teams
- Demonstrable experience in Health, Social Care Local or Central Government is a bonus
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Exposure to the right mix of challenges, within a culture that promotes continuous learning and development.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers through the company’s “Perks at Work” scheme
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
We thrive on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This role will work from our office (Scale Space, White City) – this is where Agilisys is co-located along with other Blenheim Chalcot portfolio companies.
Simply submit your CV and cover letter outlining why you would like to apply for this role.
We invest in our recruitment process to ensure we attract the very best talent. Individuals seeking employment at Agilisys must note that we see diversity as something that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from all.