‘Rothesay’ is a UK insurance company purpose-built to protect pensions. We are the largest specialist pension insurer in the UK, managing over £50bn of assets and securing pensions for over 800,000 people. We secure pensions for over 170 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. Rothesay is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper. We pride ourselves on the connections our people build, many of whom have been with us for over ten years.
Job title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Define and build modern and secure Microsoft 365 workplace services
Designing, implementing, securing and managing IT services within an in-house IT Infrastructure Engineering team. Working closely with our Information Security and Support Teams to create services that are secure, consistent, reliable and supportable.
Working with the latest infrastructure. This includes a heavy focus on Microsoft technologies, with extensive exposure to Azure IaaS, Azure Virtual Desktop, Azure Active Directory, Intune, Microsoft 365 etc.
- Contributing to end user computing service design
- Hands on implementation of new end user computing services
- Creation of documentation and service support processes
- Creation and implementation of technical and procedural cybersecurity controls
- Creation and maintenance of automation to ensure consistent repeatable implementation of M365 and Azure resources.
- Coaching the more junior support team on the use and administration of new services
- 3rd line support for incidents, problems and changes
- Scripting and automation skills
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to produce well written documentation
- Awareness of cybersecurity best practices to reduce risk
- Experience of deployment of and migration to Microsoft 365
Desired skills: -
- Experience configuring and managing AD, Azure AD & Conditional Access
- Experience configuring and managing Exchange Server or Exchange Online
- Experience configuring and managing Microsoft Teams, SharePoint & OneDrive policies
- Understanding of Azure cloud services (IaaS)
- Experience building and supporting CI/CD pipelines and familiarity with infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience working on desktop build and deployment automation projects
- Working knowledge of any of the well-known Windows desktop and server deployment and configuration management systems
- TCP/IP networking, subnetting and routing
- Dedication to role – Motivated to provide an effective support service across all facets of role
- Team Player – Demonstrates evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates well with others and encourages other admin team members
- Communication – Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear, constructive and concise manner
- Organised - Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment. Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Creative and innovative – Looks for ways to improve current processes and help develop creative solutions that have practical value for the admin team
- Judgement and Problem Solving – Proactive, sees the big picture and willing to be flexible to solve issues as they arise
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Inclusion Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.