📣 A bit about the role.
We are growing quickly. It's exciting. We are eager to feed more dogs and help them live healthier and happier lives. We believe in solving meaningful and complex customer problems for all regions which will improve the customer experience. We know we can drive value to customers through the power of Fresh, its benefits and getting customer’s and their dogs excited by Butternut. That's where you come in.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our high-performing design team in building incredible digital product experiences for our rapidly growing customer base.
As a senior member of the Digital Product Design Team, you'll work closely with our incredible Product Managers and Engineering Teams as well as stakeholders from around the business including Commercial, Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Customer Love.
In this role you can expect to:
- Lead and foster a collaborative culture within our team of passionate and driven product designers.
- Find opportunities from understanding and synthesising customer insights and data to solve complex problems into simple and delightful experiences.
- Take broad concepts and design end-to-end flows that deliver value to our customers and Butternut across multiple platforms.
- Be in a fast paced environment, have a positive impact and continue to iterate.
- Raise the design quality bar for our Digital Products.
- Evolve designs in our design system and be an ambassador of the Brand.
- Continuously seek to improve yourself, the team and ways of working through feedback.
👋 A bit about you.
- Obsessed with dogs. Naturally.
- Passionate working for start-ups, Digital Product Design and looking to develop and grow as an Individual Contributor.
- You have a deep understanding of Digital Product Design best-practices and innovation.
- You can show off a track record of delivering impactful digital products that have achieved commercial and customer goals in an agile environment.
- You are relentlessly customer-oriented, and seek to constantly stress-test designs through user testing, research, and ab-testing.
- You have proven experience in leading growth initiatives, particularly in acquiring customers, as well as facilitating ideation workshops and design sprints.
- Your communication skills are on-point and you can quickly and easily gather support for your ideas, and champion them with exec-level communication.
- You have the ability to grasp long-term strategic plays & initiatives that drive customer engagement and company growth.
- You can make tough decisions quickly, and you're right most of the time about them.
- We use Figma & Notion as our primary design and communication tools, so you'll need to be willing to make the switch if you haven't used these already.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions. #LI-Hybrid
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- 5 paid 'paws' days per year to support to learning and/or wellbeing
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Lots of office dogs (Ajax, Brio, Basil, Chorizo, Lenny, Jasper, Peggy, Pip, Rudi and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.