We're on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is accessible and dependable at a fraction of today's cost.
Our team of Doctors, Engineers, Customer Support Advisors, Marketers, Product Managers, UX Designers, Pharmacists, and Commercial & Operations Specialists work collaboratively, to develop and maintain a digital healthcare platform that provides our patients with healthcare that suits their needs & schedules.
The pandemic changed our lives, requiring us to find flexible, remote and innovative healthcare solutions to meet our needs during challenging and changeable periods. Many of our patients turned to telemedicine as a convenient solution to getting their healthcare online from the comfort of their homes. And through delivering a safe and efficient digital healthcare service, we've provided over 8 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland, enabling millions of people with essential access to healthcare when they needed it most.
It's our motivation to continue fulfilling their needs and to expand further to meet the needs of others, ensuring we're always there with the latest tech, treatments and advice. Because we're doing more than providing healthcare, we're enabling & empowering people by making healthcare work for them.
We’re here because we care about healthcare and we plan to be the largest digital primary healthcare platform for people across Europe.
About the role:
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will be a key contributor in creating exceptional user experiences across all customer touchpoints at ZAVA. Your primary responsibility will be to design and deliver outstanding, intuitive, and visually appealing user interfaces. You will play a crucial role in shaping and improving the user experience throughout ZAVA’s portfolio, spanning multiple countries and partners.
With a deep understanding of our patients' needs and contexts, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to articulate and translate those requirements into innovative design solutions. Your expertise and passion for UX design will be instrumental in promoting a user-centric mindset throughout the organisation.
As the Senior UX team player, within the Product Group, you will be expected to promote UX throughout the business to ensure awareness and good understanding of our users and their needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual ready to step up and take on the role of being the expert and main point of contact for all things CX/UX related. At the beginning you will be the sole contributor in this area, you will be at the forefront of shaping the customer journey experience, taking ownership, and driving impactful improvements. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact by continuously iterating and enhancing the customer experience, exploring new possibilities, and being the go-to authority for CX/UX expertise
- Work on meaningful and impactful customer problems, improving the lives of patients and healthcare professionals.
- Join a talented and diverse Product, Insight, and Engineering team focused on digital health services and intuitive product creation.
- Craft the future of healthcare. It is through technology that ZAVA has been able to make efficiency gains in the healthcare sector. To continue pushing boundaries and expand the company, our platform needs to evolve and grow and you will play a significant role in deciding what we do next.
- Collaborate with professionals from various backgrounds, including clinicians, pharmacists, and technology experts.
- Thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where you can define your contribution and navigate through ambiguity.
What can you expect from working with us?
- Chance to influence the future of healthcare by actively participating in the decision-making process. Our platform needs to evolve and grow and you will play a significant role in deciding what we do next.
- Working across europe in multiple countries, taking on the challenge of creating one ‘global’ service but with local needs and variations
- Collaborate and guide talented individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. We have clinicians, pharmacists, a doctor turned developer as well as the usual folk you’d expect in a tech company.
- A fast paced entrepreneurial environment. You define how you want to contribute to the company. Embrace a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, taking ownership of your contribution and navigating industry changes and challenges.
- Work on real customer problems. From patients in a hurry to doctors running digital consultations, you will lead the team to solve problems that have a real impact on doctors professional lives.
- Support and learning - A supportive learning environment to grow
- Ownership of Customer Journey Experience: Take ownership of the customer journey experience for the products and services that are essential to our mission in healthcare. Continuously iterate and improve the user experience based on market experience, feature enhancements, and exploration of new possibilities.
- End-to-End Initiative Support: Support the prioritised initiatives of the tribe by designing solutions that meet user needs and align with business goals. This includes conducting research, understanding user needs, facilitating prioritisation, and contributing to development planning.
- Governance of ZAVA User Experience: Contribute to governing the overall ZAVA user experience, ensuring alignment with the brand, design principles, and desired product impact.
- Customer Advocacy and Patient-Centric Approach: Advocate for users and drive a patient-centric focus within the organisation, ensuring that the right solutions are built in the right way.
- Collaborative Cross-Department Approach: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Clinical, Technology, Commercial, and Operations, to ensure effective delivery of excellent products and seamless collaboration across departments.
- Promoting a Product Design Culture: Support the development and evolution of a product design culture that values impact through the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Foster an environment that emphasises delivering meaningful outcomes rather than solely shipping features
- Min. 5 years working experience with other designers in user-centric b2c companies
- Fundamental understanding of product design and user experience
- Experience working in a cross-functional product team owning and delivering digital products & features.
- Strong UX skillset in research, data analysis and insight generation.
- Strong UI skills, able to bring slick beauty to our journeys
- Good knowledge of ideation, product discovery, facilitation, design and development best practices
- Understanding of agile/lean principles
- Ability to deliver against clear objectives and targets in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with analytics tools, AB testing tools, Jira or a similar ticketing system.
- Be an enthusiastic, motivated self-starter who is comfortable in a high energy fast paced scale up environment.
- Have a keen eye for design and a passion for uncovering user needs, as a user advocate
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Humble; you listen and take on feedback, you are kind and caring to those around you.
- Inquisitive; you question the status quo, dare to do things differently and explore the possibilities.
- Resilient; you embrace change and face into challenges.
- Macher; you are innovative and rise above the rest to use your initiative to improve, develop and deliver.
- Collaborative; you actively share ideas, work together to drive goals as a team.
- CV and Portfolio Review
- Recruiter Hiring Phone Interview - 15 mins
- Hiring manager call - 30 mins
- Take home task
- Panel Interview - 45 mins
Benefits from the day you join:
🏖 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday day off
🩺 Healthcare cash back plan through SimplyHealth, as well as advice, counselling and corporate discounts
🧘🏽 Membership to Headspace (mindfulness application)
💙 20% off all ZAVA product & services for you and your friends/family
🏡 Remote flexible working
💻 Macbook Pro
🏢 Modern office with breakfast, hot drinks, bike storage and shower facilities
🐶 Dog friendly office
Additional benefits following probation period:
💰 £500 training budget per year (after 3 months)
✈️ Company sabbatical after 2 years
🗺 Opportunity to work from overseas for 2 months each year
🤑 Enrolled on discretionary company bonus scheme
Core working hours
Our core business hours are 10am - 4pm. How you make up the rest of the hours, to make a total of 40 hours per week, is up to you!
Diversity is everywhere and it makes the world a more interesting place. At ZAVA we encourage diversity, welcome difference and celebrate new ideas. Everyone is welcome to apply to ZAVA, regardless of origin, creed, disability, age, nationality, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, gender or other legally protected reasons. Additionally, research shows that generally, men are happy to apply for positions where they fit 60% of the requirements or higher, whereas women and underrepresented groups often will not apply unless they fit the requirements almost entirely. If you think you’d be great in this role, even if you don’t match all the requirements we have listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Please note: certain positions will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.