Job title: Strats – Quantitative Analyst
Strategists occupy the intersection of finance, markets, maths, computer science, and programming. Working side by side with the firm’s trading, sales, banking and investment management professionals, members of the business unit use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk and identify market opportunities.
Our quantitative analysts focus on the pricing and risk management of complex transactions, ranging from pension fund buyout trades to exotic assets and derivatives. We are looking for some who can work on a large project, develop cutting edge analytics, and implement production quality pricing, analysis and risk management systems.
In their daily work, Strats work closely with our traders and structuring teams, analysing trades and asset origination opportunities for execution and ongoing measurement and management. This emphasis on advanced financial mathematics and a highly analytical approach as an integral part of the risk management of the firm distinguishes Rothesay Life from many of its competitors. In general, we are looking for smart, quantitative, commercial, problem-solving-oriented, “get-things-done” candidates with the skills to deliver robust, high performance software and quantitative analyses and with either experience in financial markets or a keen interest to learn about them.
The successful candidate’s initial projects will be focused on the risk management of Rothesay’s liquidity position and the strategy for investing in illiquid assets. These projects will give the new joiner a close understanding of Rothesay’s investment strategy and risk management, as well as the opportunity to make hands-on contributions to porting these activities to Project Quest, which is a multi-year project launched by Rothesay to redevelop and modernize the full technology stack.
Skills & Experience
- Advanced quantitative skills (typically evidenced by a degree in maths, physics, computer science, engineering, etc.)
- Excellence in applied programming skills - Python, C, C++ or other major languages.
- Knowledge of financial mathematics and stochastic calculus.
- Understanding of Fixed Income products and derivatives.
- Experience in creating and validating pricing and/or risk models for use in a financial services organisation
- Dedication to role – Motivated to provide an effective support service across all facets of role
- Team Player – Demonstrates evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates well with others and encourages other admin team members
- Communication – Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear, constructive and concise manner
- Organised - Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment. Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Creative and innovative – Looks for ways to improve current processes and help develop creative solutions that have practical value for the admin team
- Judgement and Problem Solving – Proactive, sees the big picture and willing to be flexible to solve issues as they arise
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.